November 18, 2007

About Camp Rock!

“OK, so real-life Kevin dresses like his Camp Rock character, but none of the boys are playing themselves. In fact, in the movie, they aren’t even related- they are members of a band called Connect Three. Middle brother Joe, 18, plays lead singer Shane Gray, who messed up by storming off the set of a music-video shoot so he’s being sent to rock ‘n’ roll camp to get his bearings.

“Shane is not happy he’s going there,” explains Kevin. “We canceled our summer tour, and he’s got to find himself again. We know this will be good for him no matter how much he hates it.” As for Kevin? He plays bandmate Jason. “My character is out there, a little spacey, but I love it. I get to be a little loopy, and it’s kinda fun. Nick plays the leader in the group, which is really true. He always keeps me in line- me and Joe are always goofing around. I’m always just having a good time; Joe is goofing off. Joe’s nickname is “Danger.” Nick is like “OK guys.” We’re just like “Whatever.” What about the music in Camp Rock? Are the tunes Jonas Brothers originals? “No,” says Kevin. “We became part of it after the music was written, but it’s fantastic.” Still, don’t expect any Camp Rock jams if you see the boys perform live. That’s where they draw the line. “Just our songs, just from our record,” Kevin insists. So any on-set crushes or flirting? “I think, yeah, for sure. But not so much with me and Kevin. A whole lot with Joe. He says ‘Hey, I’m a flirty guy!’ I’m like ‘Dude, you crack me up.’ He’s like. ‘What? I’m a lover.’ Unbelieveable.” So some innocent flirting, but no full-on romances. How about an on-set embarrasing moment? “I think sometimes when you forget your lines, it’s kind of a funny moment.” Nick says. “That’s what just happened in this last limo scene. I was suppsosed to be saying something like ‘By the way, we told the press you’d be singing a duet with the winner at Final Jam.’ and it came out like ‘By the way, winter’s coming faster than summer so make sure you wear some pajamas.’ or something like that. It was crazy.”

“My character in the movie, his name is Nate, and he’s alot like me in the sense that he knows what he wants an knows he has to keep his head on straight. He’s got a clear picture of what has to happen with the band, and he doesn’t lose focus. He’s kind of the exact opposite of Kevin’s character Jason. The dynamic there is really cool.”

credit: jonasfever.org

No comments: