November 25, 2007

Zac "Entertainer of the Year"

Zac Efron was named one of the 25 Top Stars of 2007 for Entertainment Weekly’s “Entertainers of the Year.” Check out a few of the Q&As:

The best part about being so successful at such a young age is...
''Making movies and promoting them and traveling is very culturally enlightening. I get to really travel the world. I find myself in situations that I never would have been in if it weren't for having a little bit of success from Hairspray and High School Musical.''

The biggest thing learned about the business is...
''I'm still treading that fine line between celebrity and actor. I've learned it's going to be a difficult ride and it's going to be hard work. I'm trying to stay resolute here and try and just have fun.''

This year's highlight was...
''I got to meet Barry Bonds. He invited me to watch batting practice at Giants Stadium in San Francisco. So me, my brother, and my dad, who have been going to Giants Stadium for years, finally got to meet this guy who's like a hero. That's one of those moments you look at and just think, 'Wow.'''

The ideal kind of career would be...
''It would be great to be able to work in high-caliber movies and retain a bit more anonymity. But don't get me wrong: I'm so thankful for everything that's happened to me so far, I've had so many opportunities.''

If he could put a face to that career...
''Leonardo DiCaprio is someone whose career path I would love to emulate. The problem is there's not enough scripts about giant boats sinking that are immersed in a love story. I can't find that script. I'm thinking about writing Titanic 2. It would pick up right after where the last one left off.''

Top items on his wish-fulfillment list are...
''Lately I love my iPhone. I've also got a new car that I'm really excited about: an Audi S6. I don't think anyone in my family tree has ever earned a car this nice. I find myself driving for no reason at all these days.''

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: